Plum BBQ Sauce
Toss this sauce with shredded pork or rotisserie chicken.
- 4 cup plums, washed, pitted, chopped
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into a heavy stockpot set on medium low heat. As the plums warm and release their juices, stir well. Cover and simmer for an hour, stirring the mixture periodically. The plums, onions, and red bell pepper bits will soften and meld into a thick barbecue sauce.