Fruit Glazed Ham
A traditional fruit for ham is paired with a seasonal one to make this pretty, tangy glaze.
This ham is delicious served warm or leftover for sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 3 fresh ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- Whole cloves
- 1 (9-pound) precooked, sugar-cured, bone-in ham
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pineapple, peaches, sugar and allspice. Reduce heat to low; cook until fruits begin to caramelize.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine brown sugar and mustard.
- Cut away some of the fat on ham and peel away hide. Score ham in criss-cross fashion; insert a whole clove at each intersecting point. Rub mustard mixture over meat. Place in a roasting pan and pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of pan.
- Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes. Spoon fruit glaze over ham and continue baking 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.