Green Tea Marinated Chicken Thighs
Black tea can be substituted for green tea and flank steak subbed for the chicken; but don’t use black tea with the chicken as the tea tannins will stain the chicken a dark color.
- 2 T Sugar
- ¾ cup Brewed Green Tea
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Chopped Fresh Ginger
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3 T Canola Oil
- 2 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 T Chopped Cilantro (optional)
- 1 T Chopped Mint (optional)
- 6 cup Arugula (optional)
- or 6 cup Spinach
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Stir sugar into tea while hot; let cool. Combine tea with coriander, salt, pepper, ginger, garlic and 2 tablespoons canola oil. Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag and pour in half of marinade. Seal and let chill 1 to 6 hours.
Heat remaining marinade over medium high heat about 4 minutes, or until reduced by one-third.
Remove thighs from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add chicken to pan without crowding and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve with sauce and fresh herbs over greens.