Farro Salad with Apples and Spinach
This hearty salad needs a main course that can stand up to it—we suggest a good, thick steak.
- 12 oz Uncooked Wheat Berries
- 1 cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Diced Zucchini
- 5 oz Baby Spinach
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Green Onion
- ⅓ cup Minced Red Onion
- 3 T Soy Sauce
- 1 T Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 T Sesame Oil
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Place wheat berries in a large bowl. Cover with water by about 2 inches and soak 2 hours. Drain well. Place wheat berries in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and cook about 1 hour, until somewhat tender and chewy. Drain and rinse. Combine wheat berries with remaining ingredients and toss well. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to meld.