Sweet shrimp and crab and a creamy custard in a deep-dish pie.
This luxuriously rich quiche is best in small bites. Be sure to squeeze the spinach dry after thawing. When baked, the quiche is still a little wet in the center, but it sets up as it cools.
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 9-inch deep-dish unbaked piecrust
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat (about 5 ounces)
- 1 package (10-pounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup small peeled shrimp (about 4 ounces), uncooked
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place half the cheese in pie crust. Top with crab, spinach and shrimp. Top with remaining cheese.
- Beat eggs slightly in a large bowl. Beat in remaining ingredients. Pour over seafood and cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 300F and bake 50 minutes longer, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.