Rustic Blackberry Pie
This five-ingredient blackberry pie can be made with store-bought crust or homemade.
- 1 (9-inch) uncooked pastry crust, rolled to 15 inches
- 5 cup blackberries
- 2/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon boysenberry (or other berry) jam, whisked to thin
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place pastry in pie or tart pan with dough overhanging.
- Combine berries, 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch and jam in a large bowl. Mix gently and spoon into pastry. Fold pastry edges over fruit. Brush pastry with water and sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling. Let cool completely on wire rack.