Avocado-Strawberry Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts
Incredibly simple, this bright salad beckons the beginning of summer.
- 1 ripe avocado, preferably Hass variety, peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 cup (heaping) strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, walnut oil or hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cup bite-sized pieces arugula or watercress
- 2 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine avocado with lemon juice in a large nonreactive bowl. Add berries, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and combine well. Divide salad greens among 4 plates. Top with avocado mixture and pine nuts.