Vietnamese Pork Meatballs
Wrap these flavorful meatballs in lettuce leaves with fresh mint and slivers of cucumber and carrot.
- 1/2 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 pound ground pork
- Peanut oil for brushing
- Boston or bibb lettuce leaves
- Shredded carrots
- Slivered seedless cucumber
- Lime wedges
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Whisk together egg, cornstarch, fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in shallots, garlic, and mint. Add pork and combine gently by hand.
- Form mixture into 2 dozen walnut-size meatballs. Thread onto skewers, 3 meatballs per skewer. Refrigerate 1 hour to firm.
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high. Lightly brush meatballs with oil, and grill turning often, reducing the heat if necessary, until browned on all sides and just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve on skewers, or with lettuce leaves and accompaniments for wrapping, if desired.