The Perfect House Salad
Start with a wooden bowl as your empty canvas, and design your way to a fantastic salad.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon balsamic or fig vinegar
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cup mixed greens, such as arugula and Romaine
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Mash garlic cloves with salt in a large wooden salad bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Add mustard, honey, pepper, balsamic vinegar and oil. Stir well, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or all day.
- Add greens, pumpkin seeds, orange sections and red onion. Toss well. Serve.