Grilled Lamb Chops with Kiwi Mango Relish
A tropical spin on mint jelly provides a tasty wake-up call to the palate served alongside juicy lamb chops.
Make the relish the evening before and refrigerate overnight for the best flavor.
- 2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced kiwi
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, if desired, and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 16 rib or loin lamb chops, each 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- To prepare relish, combine all relish ingredients. Stir gently. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours. Let relish come to room temperature before serving. Makes 2½ cups.
- To prepare chops, prepare grill. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. Cook chops over medium-hot fire 6 to 8 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. Season with more pepper just before serving. Serve with relish.