Herbed Buffalo Burgers
Lean buffalo is perfectly suited to creating a flavor-packed burger thanks to a host of herbs.
An egg and cooked onion add moisture to lean buffalo burgers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 pound ground buffalo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- To assemble:
- Sharp Cheddar or American cheese slices
- Hamburger buns
- Lettuce, optional
- Sliced tomato, optional
- Mayonnaise, optional
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- Combine buffalo, onion mixture and remaining ingredients. Form into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick. Place on a tray lined with plastic wrap, cover with more plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to cook. (Patties may be prepared 1 day ahead).
- Preheat grill until hot. Place patties on the grill rack over coals and cook, covered, about 4 minutes. Flip, top with sliced cheese, cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, until done. Place patties on bun bottoms; top with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise, if using, and bun tops. Serves 6.