California Ripe Olive and Fig Tapenade
Serve this tapenade on crostini, spread with a soft cheese like feta or goat cheese.
- 1/2 cup halved dried figs
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole pitted California Ripe Olives, drained
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Place figs in a microwave-safe measuring cup and cover with cold water. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes, or until water is near boiling. Let cool at room temperature, allowing figs to soften. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons soaking liquid.
- Combine figs and reserved liquid with remaining ingredients, except olive oil, in a food processor. Process until smooth, or leave it chunkier to suit your taste.
- With the motor running, drizzle in olive oil. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator up to 10 days. Makes 3 1/2 cups.