Fresh Fig Compote
This recipe is easy to make in a single batch, but if you have buckets full of figs it is fun to make as gifts for your friends and family.
- 4 cup fresh figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1 teaspoon finely diced jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoon honey
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Let cool. Place in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Serve over ice cream. Makes about 4 cups.