Clean-Out-The-Fridge Beef Stew
- 1 pound good quality beef. I used a sirloin steak, cubed.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2-3 jalapenos, diced
- Handful of carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 Tablespoons oil, (canola or grapeseed works best)
- 1/2 Cup red wine
- 2-3 Cups water
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted if you want
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Garnishes: Shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, sour cream, avocado, crackers
- NOTE: This is my version because it's what was in my fridge. Add to it, subtract from it. Make it your own. The whole idea of this stew is that you buy as few things as possible. The only things I bought just for this dish was the beef and the avocado.
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Macheesmo