Quick Curried Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Crust
Shepherd’s pie gets a spicy (and dairy-free twist) with this delicious take on the traditional dish. Mashed sweet potatoes are layered over curried beef, onions, and carrots creating a warm and comforting meal for cold evenings.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef OR lamb
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Original (or Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original) almondmilk; divided
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups frozen green peas
- 1 package (24 oz.) prepared mashed sweet potatoes
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place beef, onions and carrots in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in curry powder, cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Combine ¼ cup almondmilk and cornstarch in a small bowl with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture, remaining almondmilk, tomato paste, salt and pepper to pan. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in peas.
- Place beef mixture in a 9” deep dish pie plate. Top evenly with mashed sweet potatoes. Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes or until heated through and potatoes are beginning to brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers.