Baked Sweet Potatoes with Cranberry Gorgonzola Gremolata
- 6 Whole Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ cup Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Minced Parsley
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3 T Chopped Pecans
- 3 T Dried Cranberries
- 1 Scallion
- 2 oz Salemville® Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place sweet potatoes on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Flip over and return to oven to bake until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- When cool enough to do so safely, peel sweet potatoes. Place in a medium skillet over low heat with butter, salt and maple syrup for 5 minutes, basting the potatoes with the butter mixture occasionally. Lightly smash the potatoes until there is an even consistency. Hold over low heat.
- In a small bowl, toss together parsley, lemon zest, garlic, pecans, cranberries, and scallion. Gently fold in the gorgonzola.
- Move sweet potatoes to a serving dish and sprinkle with the cranberry blue cheese gremolata. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sally Sibthorpe, finalist in the 2014 Salemville® “How Do You Blue” recipe contest.