Charcoal Grilled Butternut Squash with Chimichurri and Goat Cheese
- 3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2½ tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1½ tsp Honey
- ¾ tsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 T Chopped Red Onion
- 1½ tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Butternut Squash
- ¼ cup Goat Cheese
- 1 Kingsford® Charcoal Briquets with Mesquite Package
- To make the chimichurri dressing, combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, parsley, red onion, thyme, garlic, salt and black pepper in a food processor. Blend until the ingredients are coarsely chopped.
- To make the seasoning paste, combine the olive oil, brown sugar, black pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling using Kingsford® Charcoal with Mesquite and preheat the grill to 350 to 400°F.
- Apply the seasoning paste lightly and evenly to each butternut squash slice.
- Grill the butternut squash slices over direct heat until they soften and start to char, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and arrange the slices in an 8-inch round serving pan.
- Drizzle the chimichurri dressing over the grilled squash. Sprinkle with goat cheese and serve warm.
Credit: Recipe created by world champion pitmaster Chris Lilly of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Que on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal.