Tortilla Meatball Soup
A soup brimming with veggies, lean meat, whole grain corn and low-fat dairy.
- 1 tsp Canola Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 T Ground Cumin
- 14 oz Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 2 cup Water
- 8 oz Lean Ground Beef
- 15 oz Canned Pinto Beans
- 14 oz No Salt Added, Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 T Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- 3 oz Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 6 oz Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper
- ½ cup Tortilla Chip Strips (optional)
- or 2 Corn Tortillas
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion; cook until onion is tender, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cumin; cook and stir 1 minute. Pour in beef broth and water; increase heat to high.
While water comes to a boil, pinch ground beef into teaspoon-sized free-formed meatballs and place on a plate. When soup is boiling, slide in meatballs. Stir well, and simmer until meat is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in beans, tomatoes and corn; cook until heated through. Stir in lime juice and serve with toppings.