Apple Walnut Coffee Cake
A dense, moist coffee cake that’s wonderful for sharing by the slice at home and by the round as a holiday or neighborly gift.
With just enough batter to cover the apples and nuts, the baked results will remind you of fruitcake. A simple sugar icing drizzled over the dresses it up nicely.
- ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 T Unsalted Butter
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 cup Cored, Chopped Apple
- ⅓ cup Chopped Walnuts
- ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Milk
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan; line bottom with waxed or parchment paper and grease paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat eggs, sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and ginger at medium speed until evenly blended. Turn to low speed, gradually add flour mixture and beat until evenly blended. Stir in apples and nuts.
- Spread evenly in pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan, peel off paper or parchment and finish cooling, right side up, on rack.
- Whisk powdered sugar and water or milk in a small bowl until of drizzling consistency. You may need few more drops of liquid. Drizzle over top of cake.