Orzo Risotto with Winter Squash
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter (I’ve gotten away with a tablespoon or two less)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 3 1/2 cups or 2 (14 ounce) cans of vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (feel free to use more or less cheese or a different type of cheese)
- Vegetables! For the butternut squash risotto, I chopped up half a white onion, a shallot and a medium sized, roasted butternut squash.
- Salt, pepper and spices to taste
Learn how to make this recipe at Cookie and Kate