Crispy Roasted Potato Peels
Try roasting leftover potato peels to use as a crunchy topping, or as a base for snacks and appetizers.
Don't throw out carrot peels, onion tops and celery leaves! Instead, use them to create a flavorful veggie broth, or give potato peels new purpose as an irresistible snack.
- Peels from 3 sweet potatoes
- Peels from 3 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cheese, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Hot sauce, optional
- Green onion, chopped, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss the peels from 3 sweet potatoes and 3 russet potatoes with olive oil, chili powder (or your favorite seasoning), salt and pepper.
- Spread in an even layer on baking sheet. Roast 15 to 18 minutes, stirring halfway through, until browned and crispy.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and green onion, if desired.