Frozen Chocolate Peppermint Pie
A cool, creamy frozen chocolate pie laced with peppermint.
- 2 (1.3-oz) pkg sugar-free chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Crushed peppermint candy (optional)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- In a saucepan, whisk pudding mix, cocoa powder, sugar, milk, vanilla extract and peppermint extract over low heat until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and whisk in butter until pudding is silky.
- Pour into pie crust and let cool 10 minutes.
- Freeze 4 to 6 hours, until completely set. Top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candy if desired.