Easy Teriyaki Beef and Brown Rice Bowls
Budget-friendly ground beef and brown rice make for a quick, easy, protein-packed supper.
- 3 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (like Kikkoman)
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounce frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and heated in microwave
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 cup cooked brown rice
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- In a large skillet, warm 2 Tbsp oil over medium heat. Add half the sliced green onions and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring once or twice, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Push garlic and onions to side of pan, turn heat to medium-high and add beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Add sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes longer.
- Fry eggs in remaining 1 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, about 3 minutes.
- Divide rice among five bowls. Top with beef, spinach and carrots. Place a fried egg on top. Sprinkle on remaining green onions.