Rustic Apple Cake
A not-too-fussy apple cake featuring tart Granny Smith apples.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cup coarsely chopped, peeled Granny Smith apples or any tart firm apple such as Fuji or Gala
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a Bundt pan.
- Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on low speed until creamy. Add eggs one at a time and continue to blend. Slowly add flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add apples and mix with a spoon. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.