Enlightened Fried Rice
Leftover brown basmati rice makes this Chinese dish a snap.
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon roasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with 2 teaspoons of water
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup minced green onions, divided
- 2 cup cooked brown basmati rice, cooled
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup snow peas
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Heat a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon sesame oil and eggs. Cook until eggs are softly scrambled. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining sesame oil to pan. Add shrimp; stir-fry until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Wipe pan clean.
- Add canola oil to pan. Add onion; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and half the green onions; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add rice; cook, without stirring, 1 minute to crisp, then stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Add bean sprouts, peas, egg, shrimp, remaining green onions and sauce. Toss gently until thoroughly heated.