Spaghetti al Mezzogiorno
Spaghetti for the middle of the day—this is a southern Italian classic.
- 8 ounce uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into very thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into very thin strips
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (2-ounce) can anchovies, drained, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup fruity white wine (Muscat, Savignon Blanc or Chenin Blanc)
- 4 tablespoon grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a pasta bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and cook until very tender, about 15 minutes. Add garlic and anchovies, if using, and cook 30 seconds. Add parsley and wine; remove from heat.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of sauce over pasta and toss to blend. Place remaining sauce in a bowl to pass at the table with cheese. Serves 6.