Banana Yogurt Scones
Perfect for snacking or with a cup of tea.
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoon cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in bowl of a food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine yogurt, banana, lemon juice and egg; mix well. Add to dry ingredients and pulse until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead lightly (about 5 times). Place dough on a baking sheet and pat into a 9-inch circle. Score dough into 8 to 12 wedges, without cutting through dough. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake 15 minutes.