Chicken Maque Choux
A Cajun-country side dish gets a tasty make-over with the addition of spice-rubbed chicken.
Here's our rendition of Maque Choux (pronounced mock-shoe), the braised corn, tomato and pepper dish of French Acadian and Native American origin, popular in Louisiana.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4 cup fresh corn kernels (about 6 large ears)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients (garlic powder through black pepper). Rub on chicken thighs.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Combine onions, corn, tomato and bell pepper in a 13 x 9-inch pan. Place chicken on top of corn mixture. Cover and bake 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Serves 4.