Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Skewers of savory chicken and a luscious peanut sauce for dipping. Satay is the perfect dish for introducing kids to the flavors of the world.
Serve with jasmine rice and slices of seedless cucumber.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 (8- to 10-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- To prepare sauce, warm peanut butter in a small bowl in microwave. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Add 3/4 to 1 cup water, as necessary to reach desired consistency.
- To prepare chicken, weave pieces onto skewers. Combine lime juice, oil, salt and pepper and brush on skewered chicken.
- Prepare grill or heat grill pan to medium high. Lightly oil grill grate or pan, and grill skewers 3 minutes per side, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Transfer to a platter. Serve with peanut sauce.