Layered Potato Salad with Parsley
The flavor of these potatoes is enhanced by boiling them in water seasoned with garlic, bay leaf and celery leaves. Show off the appealing layers in a glass bowl.
- 8 red potatoes (medium to large)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- Celery tops
- 8 ounce sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) horseradish
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 Vidalia onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Boil potatoes with garlic, bay leaf, and celery tops to flavor water. Cool, peel and slice.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, and celery seed.
- Mix together onions and parsley.
- Place a layer of sliced potatoes in a clear glass bowl or casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread a layer of mayonnaise mixture on top of potatoes, followed by a layer of parsley mixture. Repeat layer.