Sacher Torte Squares
Incorporate cream cheese, chocolate and apricot jam into a boxed cake mix for an elegant dessert in a hurry.
- 1 (15-oz) box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 1/2 cup (9 oz) dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, place cake mix, butter, cream cheese and egg. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 2 to 3 minutes, stopping once to scrape down the bowl. Press dough into bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool on a rack. Spread cookies with apricot jam and drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes until chocolate is firm. Let cool completely before cutting for the cleanest edges. Cut into 1-inch squares.