Easy Tomato Jam
This intensely-flavored jam is the perfect topping for pizza, crostini, pasta, burgers or sandwiches.
- 2 pound cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, slightly smashed but still intact
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and salt in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally and pressing tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until tomatoes break down and sauce thickens, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Discard garlic.
- Taste for seasoning and add sugar if desired. Let cool completely. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.