Easy Brown Sugar Pork Roast
This slow cooked pork shoulder glistens in a rich brown sugar crust.
- 1 (3- to 5-pound) pork shoulder
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place pork in a roasting pan. Pour Worcestershire over pork. Combine sugar, thyme and pepper. Pat sugar mixture over meat to form a sort of crust. Pour water or juice into bottom of pan. Place pork in oven and immediately reduce temperature to 250F. Cook 4 hours, uncovered, or until meat thermometer registers 160F. Remove meat from pan. Add salt to juices and serve with sliced or pulled pork.