Healthy Asian Sesame Pasta Salad
This creative pasta salad is rich in fiber, protein, and healthy fats.
- 1 pound (1 16-ounce box) brown rice fusilli pasta (or favorite noodles)
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts to garnish
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or nama shoyu)
- 3 tablespoon peanut butter, organic if possible
- 1 cup red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks of fresh green chives, chopped
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Boil the pasta according to package directions, which will vary if you're using gluten-free pasta or whole-wheat pasta. Set aside to cool.
- Mix sesame oil, peanut butter, and soy sauce in a small bowl, and then toss with pasta.
- Toss remaining ingredients with pasta. Enjoy at room temperature, cold, or warm.