Balsamic-Marinated Flank Steak
Robust flank steak is marinated in balsamic vinegar and served with garlic and chive butter.
- Flank Steak:
- 2 pound flank steak, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Garlic and Chive Butter:
- 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
- Finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine all ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag. Marinate 1 to 24 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove steak from bag, shaking off any excess marinade. Grill steak 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until internal temperature reaches 130F.
Garlic and Chive Butter:
- Stir together all ingredients. Pile butter mixture on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Fold over plastic wrap and roll butter into a log shape, twisting the ends to secure. Refrigerate until ready serve. (Can be made up to 3 days in advance.) Serve on top of steak and asparagus. Makes about 1/2 cup.