Tomtaoes out of season? Canned tomatoes play beautifully in this winterized spin on ratatouille.
The flavor of the smoked paprika is distinctive, so if you’re not a fan, leave it out.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 to 2 tablespoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; sauté 10 minutes.
- Add almonds, raisins and paprika; cook 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and yellow squash; cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and water; simmer 30 minutes. Add cilantro. Serve room temperature or warm.