The Perfect Filet Mignon Steak
Filet mignon is dolled up with a delicious shallot-tarragon compound butter.
- 1 Filet mignon steak, about 4-inches thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoon spice rub of your choice
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 minced shallot
- 3 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- Cooking oil
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Season filet and bring to room temperature, at least 30 minutes.
- Mix butter, shallot and tarragon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat grill. Oil grill. Pat filet dry and place on grill, just off direct flames, and cook for 2 minutes. Once you flip filet over, spread a little compound butter on top. Continue flipping filet until you have cooked it for 2 minutes on all sides, spreading butter on as you go
- Let filet rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice and serve hot.