Shaved Fennel-Golden Beet Salad
Serve this fresh salad alongside Wheat Berries with Pesto or roast chicken.
- 2 large golden beets
- 2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed and shaved paper-thin
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 ounce arugula
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place unpeeled beets in a heavy zip-top plastic bag. Microwave on high for about 6 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove from microwave and rub skins off. Slice thinly with a knife or on a mandoline.
- Combine beets, fennel and dill in a bowl. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, honey and ¼ teaspoon salt in a separate bowl. Pour over vegetables, toss and set aside to marinate 1 hour.
- Place arugula in a large bowl. Scoop fennel mixture onto arugula. Toss well. Serve topped with walnuts and feta.