Greens with Asparagus and Raspberries
This salad with asparagus, goat cheese and raspberries is an amazing combination of flavors.
- Candied Walnuts:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Field Green Salad:
- 9 ounce bag field greens
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pound asparagus, cooked until tender and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive or walnut oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mild goat cheese or goat cheese crumbles
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- To prepare walnuts, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and sauté. Sprinkle with sugar and continue sautéing 2 minutes until sugar is melted and golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To prepare salad, place greens in a large salad bowl. Add raspberries, asparagus, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss gently.
- Add goat cheese and lightly mix. Divide among 4 plates and sprinkle candied walnuts over tops.