Katharine Hepburn’s Brownies
Mixed in one pan, these brownies are favorites of actress Katharine Hepburn.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- Place butter and chocolate in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour and salt. Stir in walnuts, if using.
- Bake about 40 minutes. Let cool and cut into 2-inch squares.