Raisin-Oat Orange Muffins
These zesty raisin muffins are perfect for breakfast.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup (8-ounces) light sour cream
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup California Golden Raisins
- 1/4 cup uncooked oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 18 medium muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine flours, oats, baking powder, sugar and orange rind in large bowl; mix well. Combine egg, sour cream, vegetable oil and orange juice in medium bowl; mix well. Add all at once to dry ingredients. Mix only until blended. Gently stir in raisins. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling almost full.
- For topping, combine oats, brown sugar, orange rind and butter in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle over muffin batter, dividing evenly and patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.