Caramelized Onion and Raisin Focaccia with Feta
Sweet caramelized onions and raisins provide a contrast to the salty feta and olives on this flatbread.
- 1 (12-ounce) ball pizza dough
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, slivered
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 4 ounce queso quesadilla or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounce goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Roll pizza dough out into a 10-inch rectangle.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and saute 15 minutes. Reduce temperature, add raisins, cover, and cook 30 minutes, until onions are browned and tender.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on dough. Top with onions, feta, olives and thyme sprigs. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until crust is browned and cheese is melted.