Brown Sugar Lemon Squares
These powdered sugar dusted squares are the perfect combination of tart and sweet.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 12 tablespoon (1 1/2 sticks) frozen butter
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt. Mix well. Grate butter on large holes of box grater. Add to flour mixture; combine well until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- Combine filling ingredients. Whisk well. Pour over warm crust and bake 20 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.