An alternative to chocolate ice cream, with no ice cream maker required.
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and cocoa powder. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt. When cool, pour into a bowl or food storage container and cover.
- Freeze until set. (This takes several hours or overnight.) When frozen, spoon into bowl of food processor.
- Process until texture is like a soft ice cream or a thick smoothie.
- Spoon back into bowl container and freeze until reset and ready to serve.