Feta Watermelon Salad
This colorful salad speaks of summer freshness with tangy feta counterbalancing the airy, sweet melon.
Try a mix of yellow and red watermelon for even more flair.
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 (1-pound) piece of watermelon (about 1/4 of a small to medium watermelon)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 4 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounce pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 small bunch arugula, trimmed and cleaned
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Place onion slices in a bowl and cover with lime juice. Set aside.
- Trim watermelon and slice into thin triangles.
- Remove onion from lime juice. Add honey, salt and pepper to juice; stir until well blended. Whisk in oil in a steady stream.
- Layer arugula on platter or divide arugula among 6 plates. Arrange watermelon in overlapping layers on platter or plates. Top with onion, herbs, feta and olives. Drizzle with half of lime juice mixture. Pass remaining juice mixture on the side.