Cranberry Maple Sauce
A touch of crisp New England autumn resides in every splash of pure maple syrup.
Use only pure maple syrup; imitation and diluted syrups will give the sauce an ersatz flavor.
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 large apple, peeled and cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine cranberries, maple syrup and apple cider in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or until cranberries burst and sauce is thick and chunky.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped apple and walnuts. Chill sauce until cold and thick, or up to three days before serving.