Garlic Pork Shoulder
Try this Cuban-inspired dish with barbecue sauce, in stews, on a bun, or served with rice and vegetables.
- 1 garlic head, separated into cloves and peeled
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 cup loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (4- to 4 1/2-pound) bone-in pork shoulder
- Place garlic, salt, peppercorns and oregano in the bowl of a food processor. Process until garlic is chopped. Add olive oil and vinegar and process to form a thick paste. Place pork in a large roasting pan fat side up and score top with a sharp knife. Rub garlic mixture over meat; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place pork in oven and roast about 3 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 160F. Let pork cool slightly and then chop or tear into large chunks.