Tomato Basil Pizza
An easy-to-toss-together pizza that is simplicity itself in ingredients, but complex as can be in flavor.
- 1 pizza dough for a 14-inch pizza
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ounce grated Romano Cheese
- 6 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- fresh basil, torn
- Splash of red wine
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add tomatoes, garlic, shallots, pepper and sauté until tomatoes are browned and sizzling, about 10 minutes. Add a splash of wine to deglaze pan. Smash half of the tomatoes to make it a bit saucy.
- Sprinkle Romano on dough. Spoon tomato mixture on top of cheese. Top with fresh mozzarella and basil. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until browned and melted.