Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad
This potato salad features the Southwestern flavors of jalapeño, garlic and lime.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 medium jalapeños, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 2 medium limes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place sweet potatoes and onions and 2 tablespoons olive oil on a baking sheet; toss well. Bake, turning occasionally, until edges brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place jalapenos, garlic, lime juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until blended.
- Toss warm sweet potatoes and onions, beans, and bell pepper in a large bowl. Add dressing, salt and pepper. Toss well. Top with cilantro. Serve room temperature.