Zesty Summer Shrimp Soup
This chilled soup features a savory-sweet combination of shrimp and summer corn.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1/2 pound small fresh shrimp, peeled
- 3 cup fresh whole kernel corn, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoon freshly minced chives
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion, curry and garlic and cook until onion is translucent. Add shrimp and sauté until just pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Place 2 cups corn, sour cream and buttermilk in a food processor and process until well-blended. Transfer to large storage container. Add remaining corn, shrimp mixture, salt, pepper and Tabasco, stirring well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve soup in chilled bowls, sprinkling top with chives.